Friday, September 9, 2011

Walking

We live approximately .8 miles from the school. I've often thought how nice it would be to walk to school, but I've put it off b/c R is only 4, and she'd have to do the round trip.

How silly of me.

My 4 yr old has more energy than me (except when we have to go to the grocery store) - she was dancing, twirling, running, etc... both ways. Good grief.

We walked home yesterday from school - a little hot for all of us (not as much shade that time of day).

We walked to school this morning - very pleasant and cool, but it would be a gross understatement to say that I'm not a morning person. I did manage to drink some coffee before the walk, and then ate an organic pop tart (is that an oxymoron?) while walking.

I can see this becoming a thing. Probably not every day of the week - I really had to rush to get ready to go back to the school for W's violin lesson - and of course, R wanted to walk back. I told her no. I refrained from telling her she was crazy.

My ankle seems to be doing ok so far. No bumps appearing on my achilles... I still have the numbness/etc in the tarsal tunnel area, but I think that's to be expected.

I think I'll take a break this weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment