Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Break and the Gallbladder

This week is spring break for us - the girls went to Granny's for a couple of days, and we took advantage of that and the beautiful weather...We took a train ride into Fort Worth and walked around, enjoying the sites.

One of the things I really enjoyed about living in PA was the public transportation. I enjoyed riding the trolleys and the subways.   (I still don't like riding buses)  Taking the opportunity to ride the train forced us to walk around the city more than we would have otherwise. It's just a totally different experience. We enjoyed lunch in the city, went to the bookstore, and then headed back home.  There's not a whole lot to see right where we were, but it was fun nonetheless.  (pictures on Facebook)

I got the call this week for my gallbladder surgery. It'll be a week from tomorrow.  I wouldn't say that i'm particularly looking forward to it, but I am hopeful that it will help some of my issues.

The girls came home today. I don't think they missed us at all, and that's how it should be. They had a great time (as they always do with grandparents).

Today it wasn't too hot - after a morning/lunch outing with a friend and her kids, I enjoyed reading a magazine in the backyard. The simple things.

Today my heart felt full.

No comments:

Post a Comment