Saturday, March 23, 2013

Post GB Day

Surgery went well.  The nurses and staff were all very nice yesterday.  My pastor stopped by prior to surgery to pray with Mom and I.

Scar tissue was not an issue, so the surgery went quickly and smoothly. I got pictures of it too.

I do have pain, and I do have pain and nausea drugs (although a side effect of the nausea drug is...nausea).  They work and give me terrible dry mouth, which I guess is good b/c it's forcing me to stay very hydrated.

They do not help with the gas pain. (don't worry, not gas like toots) ;)  They inflate the abdomen with gas to make it easy to do what they need to do, and you just have to wait for the body to reabsorb it.  It can even cause left shoulder pain (which I did experience yesterday) b/c of how the anatomy is.

So mainly, I'm very slow moving, and I don't even want to think about bending over.

I'm holding out hope that I could teach on Monday, but I won't really know until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment