Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year!

I had an upper endoscopy!

I'll spare you the details...but let's just say it was as fun as it sounds.

I've changed so many things about how I eat and drink, and it solved many of my GI issues, along with some other stuff. Yay! I'm still having reflux issues though, even with medication...hence the endoscopy.

I don't mind medical procedures - wouldn't say I'd ever get elective surgery, but if something needs to be checked out, I'm all for them checking it out.  It's only the sedation that creeps me out a little.

But no fear, I woke up as if from a lovely nap, and am still feeling dizzy hours later. Yay.

I did tell Steve he had to say "i love you" and give me a hug just in case I died. HAHAHA. I do like to be dramatic sometimes ;)

The staff was all very nice and comforting and friendly.

In a brief nutshell, the findings were (as I understand it after googling everything) GERD. *duh*  Biopsies were taken and will be discussed at my follow up in a couple of weeks.  Medicine was changed.

I told Steve today was my one day of unimpeded laziness and martyrdom - I'll be back to normal tomorrow ;)  He is granting me this one day. Haha.

Of course, I've got all the produce from the co-op, and I've got a soup I want to make, but I'll wait till tomorrow as standing for a long time is still making me feel dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment