Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Extravaganza

I hosted a Mother's Day lunch today for my moms and a couple of friends. Fun was had by all.

Here is a picture of me and my moms


Yesterday, I became super woman in the kitchen, furiously multi-tasking with amazing skill...cooking soup, chopping fruit, baking tarts, you name it...

While I cooked, R dusted (once she figured out which way to aim the Pledge..haha).

This morning, I was up at 7, figured I might as well finish cleaning - vacuumed, did the dishwasher, etc...

Prepped some more...went to R's tiny violin recital (super cute and awesome), came home, cooked, finished setting up the table..

Friends arrived (moms were already here for recital), ate lots of food, enjoyed conversation, cleaned with amazing speed and awesomeness on my part ;)

Girls entertained with violins all on their own (i was totally not like that as a kid, but they love to perform)

Then W was taken to a birthday party...guests left...Mom made me practice violin for upcoming concert at the facility for GM...

Short nap...finished cleaning...went to birthday party to get Willow...then to mall..

Then home.

Then realized "Chimpanzee" the movie was starting in 20 minutes...grabbed girls, ran out the door, hustled thru the mall...made it just in time for previews...

Enjoyed movie.

Came home.

Doing laundry (I don't want to do ANY work tomorrow...I'm going to milk actual mother's day for what it's worth)

And now, behold the glory of the:

Mother's Day Lunch Menu
(made easy with my best friend the mandolin...the cooking tool, not the instrument)
-------------------------------------

Sparkling lemonade
Sparkling raspberry limeade
Lemon water

Tomato and ham on puff pastry topped with parmesan
Asparagus bisque
Pecan stuffed dates wrapped in bacon
Crackers topped with cucumber, smoked salmon, and sour cream
Fruit salad - orange, apple, strawberry, blackberry, pineapple
Dill pickles

Cream puffs filled with coconut cream
Cream puffs filled with chocolate cream
Shortbread tarts topped with lemony cream cheese and blueberries






No comments:

Post a Comment