Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ta-Da!

I got a kitchen-aid stand mixer for Christmas!

Hooray!  Everything tastes better when it's mixed in such a glorious machine...i may have cuddled it upon opening...Thanks Paka and Grammy!!!

and now for a list (not exhaustive) of things i baked/made this Christmas season...

chocolate-hazlenut tart
coconut cream pie with merinque
pumpkin pie w/ whipped cream
chicken n' dumplings
roast turkey breast
mashed potatoes
cinnamon rolls
california rolls

yum yum yum

for our anniversary, we went to Kenny's wood fired grill - OMG. BEST FOOD EVER (and the kind of place where they fix your napkin when you get up to go to the bathroom).  We had a gift certificate, and you know, we didn't want it to go to waste...so...

popover (BEST ever by the way)
brie fondue w/ garlic bread toast points
grey goose martini w/ olives slightly dirty
surf n' turf special - filet mignon w/ giant shrimp and some sauces, with grilled asparagus w/ vinaigerette
creme brulee w/ coffee

they rolled me to the car.

I am now inspired to make popovers - seems easy, so we'll see...


2 comments:

  1. I got a Kitchenaid stand mixer for Christmas, too! I am in love. It is actually one of those things I never really thought I'd want or use, but I can't imagine not having it now... already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind on your blog, it must have gotten unsubscribed or something. anyway i LOVE my kitchen aid. It broke before Christmas and it was a terror. I couldn't get it fixed for over a month because the fix it place was 45 minutes away and not near anything else and what with Christmas and then being sick for january it never happened. I was panicky to leave it with the fix it guy. I paid dearly to fix that thing, and pretty much kissed it upon return. Best kitchen appliance ever!

    ReplyDelete