Monday, November 7, 2011

TX Radio Hall of Fame

What a weekend.

Saturday, we went and saw "Puss n' Boots". Too funny. We all enjoyed it quite a bit.  Saturday night, we had a date night to Macaroni Grill.  We haven't been there since we lived in Austin - still good!  I definitely carbed it up though - you'd have thought I was preparing for a marathon..oh well.

Sunday morning, Steve and I headed to the airport for a long day of traveling. We flew to Houston with Dad, Illeen, and Ron Chapman (Dad's former boss and super big-wig in radio world). Once in Houston, we rode on a fancy party bus (like an airport shuttle bus size, only nicer, and just the 5 of us) to the TX Radio Hall of Fame Induction ceremony (pics on Facebook if you care).

It was pretty cool to see Dad recognized.

Then, it was an hour drive back to the airport. The "grown ups" were able to change their flight to an earlier one, but we had to keep our flight time...so it was a couple of hours of sitting around. Hey, at least we looked good.

Finally, we arrived back to Dallas, and then had the drive home.

I'm not sure why I was so tired, I basically spent my day sitting down.

It was a fun adventure, and definitely something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment