Saturday, October 15, 2011

Road Trip!

What a day.

First, we dropped the girls off at the grandparents - we all had lunch together - and then Steve, Mama T., and I headed off for our great adventure.

We headed to Durant, OK to go to the homecoming game at SOSU (Southeastern OK State Univ) - where Steve got his bachelor's.  It was a fun trip.  We ended up standing in the end zone (b/c that's where the shade was).

Post game, we took a short tour of campus, and then got back on the road. Dinner at Cracker Barrel. Then home.

To give you perspective, it was about 2 hrs to get there, and 2 hrs to get home. So it was REALLY a road trip.

But it was a beautiful day, and we saw the most amazing sunset tonight. I suppose it helped that we were driving West at sundown, but seriously, super awesome TX sunset.

Unfortunately, my cowboy boots gave me blisters (not sure why - haven't had the problem before), so it will be flip flops tomorrow!

One week until the fiddle contest. AAAAAHHHHH.

I played my fiddle tunes for Rema on Friday, and even tho' I've known her for 10+ years, I was still nervous....oy... W's all set to go though - she's got her cute western outfit, her yee-haw, her smile-while-she-plays....I'm just hoping to survive my experience :)  Seriously. Feel free to pray for me that I make it through my pieces :)


No comments:

Post a Comment